• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

2015 mm exam

James75

Has anyone taken the 2015 mm exam recently. My question is that after reading the exam content i do not see anything about legal content, are there any questions pertaining to legal and are there some other chapters in the Building department administration that don't coincide with the exam? Thanks for your help

Has anyone taken the 2015 mm exam recently. My question is that after reading the exam content i do not see anything about legal content, are there any questions pertaining to legal and are there some other chapters in the Building department administration that don't coincide with the exam? Thanks for your help

Fresh out of the Pronto test this morning... Within the last week I took FC, MG, and MM, in a quest to get the CFM designation. From the references utilized, the Legal Aspects is not a referenced text. I don't recall many (if any) legal questions. Additionally, the chapter in Building Department Administration on legal aspects is extremely similar if not the same text as the book.

I purchased the MM study guide from the ICC Learning Center and used that to prepare, the exam overall wasn't very intensive - but it was more challenging since you are looking for references in a text book, and not necessarily from a code book.

Fresh out of the Pronto test this morning... Within the last week I took FC, MG, and MM, in a quest to get the CFM designation. From the references utilized, the Legal Aspects is not a referenced text. I don't recall many (if any) legal questions. Additionally, the chapter in Building Department Administration on legal aspects is extremely similar if not the same text as the book.

I purchased the MM study guide from the ICC Learning Center and used that to prepare, the exam overall wasn't very intensive - but it was more challenging since you are looking for references in a text book, and not necessarily from a code book.
How hard is the test? I plan on taking this within the next month. I am seeking CBO designation.