• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

300.6?

Francis Vineyard

2005 NEC Both 2B constructions location is in the mechanical room.

Two separate calls, different electricians from different localities working different jobs here in the city; can the switch gear sit on the concrete floor and the other can the trough sit on the concrete floor?

The other jurisdictions said no! Am I missing something?

Thanks for all responses

Last edited by a moderator:
If the gear and trough are enamel coated and NOT embedded in concrete or direct contact with the earth, not in a wet location and not outside, I don't understand why they can't be.

Maybe the problem is with 300.6(A) that uses that one simple word: "approved"

Not sure if there was another article that would address this area, but I realize now that these guys were being smart and calling ahead to be sure that they didn't have to do something they hadn't heard of before too.