• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

$6 million to build the house

The most heartwarming part of the story is that those idiots are staying in California and not moving to Texas.

packsaddle said:
The most heartwarming part of the story is that those idiots are staying in California and not moving to Texas.
Oh, let’s see, Texas with Hurricanes, tornados, and rednecks or a seaside house

Last edited by a moderator:
mark handler said:
Not true...
But everybody in Texas is hit by hurricanes, tornados and are set upon by rednecks?

I'm just baiting here. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along.

rktect 1 said:
But everybody in Texas is hit by hurricanes, tornados and are set upon by rednecks?I'm just baiting here. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along.
Yes, and???

Yes, and we have floods. Floods of Californians leaving one state they've already screwed up, apparently with intentions of screwing up another. They're worse than illegal aliens...

texasbo said:
Yes, and we have floods. Floods of Californians leaving one state they've already screwed up, apparently with intentions of screwing up another. They're worse than illegal aliens...
They came here in droves but a couple of good winters will send them packing.

The bad thing about Texas is you can divorce your wife but she is still your sister!!

Ya, Conarb, unfortunately, thanks to the sheep mentality of the greenies, I'm afraid we're going to see that happening all over the country.

All we can hope for is that some new fad will catch the fancy of the masses, and they'll move away from that nonsense and on to some other nonsense. Will it be more or less onerous than the green B.S.? Time will tell.

conarb said:
Texas and other states can now expect droves of California businesses, the voters yesterday rejected Prop 23 which would have postponed our Global Warming law, this is going to make manufacturing anything much more expensive here. Big Green Defeats Big Oil in Contentious Showdown Over What's Best for California's Economy.

The "Greenies" are taking over here.

$400k for a 6000sf house? hah. I don't know who threw that number at them but I can only guess they were paid on a percentage of construction cost.

Just looking at it says it is a big dollar home.. 6M I never would have guessed, but I must say it looks fantastic.

carmelglass600.jpg

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results. –Willie Nelson, singer-songwriter

$6M for 6000 sq.ft.?

Wow.... A whopping $1000 per sq.ft. I'm pretty sure 2/3rd to 75% of the cost of furniture and appliance and landscape/hardscape. The raw cost of the building would not account to this price level.

Man... that didn't use a lamella roof for the curved roof..... :(

LOL.....

True!!! We're like Cuba.... we send all of our losers to Texas!!!!! You can have 'em!!