• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

700 Registered Users

Happy Anniversary Everyone!

And a big round of applause for Jeff, RJJ, and all the moderators for a great board.

Thanks too to all the members.

Here's to continued lively discourse.

Sue, in sunny chilly CA

I missed that # change! Just a little to busy! It has been a great first year with this BB. We are growing slowly, but growing! It seems that a number of members just read and don't post. We also have lost a few from the old BB to various issues probably related to work changes and maybe loss of interest.

I would encourage the just readers to feel free to post comments and take part. We all learn from each other form beginners to seasoned inspectors.

Wow, it's been a year. Now, is a good time to remember how we got here. The ICC gave us very short notice that their Bulleting Board was being closed. Then they closed it before the announced closing date. Within days of the annoucement the Old BB was no more; and, many of our friends and colleagues were lost to us. Our association with each other would have been completely dismantled if it wasn't for a few quick thinking members of this forum.

I am doing this from memory; so If I missed someone, please forgive me.

JPRanch and some other memebers started collecting names and e-mail address' of active members; so we could keep a list of member contacts. This was a huge member saving effort; and;

Thank you JPRanch and my other friends; you saved a lot of members from being lost to us; perhaps forever.

And, several of us posted our e-mail address on the old archived BB; and, we have had quite a few old members and many new friends; find us that way.

RJJ, I'm sorry my friend; but, my memory isn't what it used to be; I don't remember the details. You have done so much for this fourm, and, I'm so use to you being there when the chips are down and coming to the forefront; and making everything all right; that I take you for granted, like a family member who is always there when needed; and solves the problem; and I just assume you will.

Jeff our Founder, I love you man. You literally saved us from oblivion. Jeff had started a Bulletin Board for his use; and invited us to use it as our replacement for the old BB. We had no idea of what it was; but, many jumped at the opportunity; and here we are today.

Jeff even promised us that if we wanted to form an independent organization; that he would let us have this bulletin board; and has stood by that promise. We decide that we liked things just like they are; and trust Jeff more than any organization; and here we are.

One year later; we are over 700 members strong; with members from all professions and all over the counrty. In addition; when you sign on; if you will scroll down to the bottom of the page; you will see that there are almost always 2 to 4 times the number of guests as there are signed in members. That means that thousands more visit our forum and read and depend on our posts.

Again, my apology to those I did not list. It is due to an old man's loss of memory, not a loss of appreciation.

Happy Birthday to all of us; and a special blessing to you Jeff.

Uncle Bob

Last edited by a moderator: