• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

A little to weathered.

ICE

Oh Well
I was told to assess the viability of continued construction.

Picture053.jpg

Picture058.jpg

They took my advice.

Picture030.jpg

Picture029.jpg

There was no engineer or permit. Just a man with a dream and a wallet. He was stopped years ago and wanted to start up again. The wood was hard and moldy, with some kind of black stuff that had webs. All of the plywood was shot, including the second floor. The entire structure had a lean. The post and beam wall in the back was full height without a proper foundation or bracing. There were other structural issues, mostly with the foundation or lack thereof.

When I told him that an engineer can save it but it would need to be torn down first, he threw in the towel. Ultimately, he did build a single story addition.

So your jurisdiction prohibits free speech expressions such as this piece of art?

What is sad is that he was soooo close to having it dryed in! lot's of money just thrown...decayed away!!!