• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ABS, PVC and ventsing

jar546

Forum Coordinator
That is a sink on the other side that is not vented, therefore, nothing is vented. This is why I am so frustrated with this area. PA does not have a statewide licensing program for contractors. All you need are business cards and show the state you have 50,000 of liability insurance. Insurance companies don't care about your training or experience.

79cb9534.jpg

addion informantion from my Adminstrative Assistant, to be a contractor you need a pickup truck and some bungey cords

Heck, you don't even need that in Colorado, or in this jurisdiction......you can come in and pull a permit for a 3 story building, and drive off to your next job in your Chevy Volt.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time typing this; but, 2009 IRC, P3003.2 "The following types of joints and connections shall be prohibited:

5. Solvent-cement joints between different types of plastic pipe."

And has been "forever"; just pick a code book.

If you make a product, whether it works or not; or whether it is legal or not; it will sell; idiots, plumbers (oops a repeat) and others will use it, fight for the right to use it and ignorant or overwhelmed inspectors will pass it; if for no other reason because they are just fed up with being overruled by incompetent building officials and other political pawns.

The "codes" have become a joke; and it ain't funny. :(

Also, the 2" vertical washing machine drain line is reduced.

That's a "no-no" also (see Section P3005.4 in the 2006 IRC).