• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Access through bedroom?

Off topic

brudgers said:
If that's what the IPMC says, itsfknstupid.
Brugers, I see from your pic that you may be a dog lover.

This has absolutely nothing to do with this post or even building codes, but for some reason it made me laugh.

(its appropriate content)

Adopted the IPMC and will not approved plans in violation of the maintanence code since a certification of occupancy cannot be issued.

Section 111.1 “Issuance of a certificate of occupancy shall not be construed as an approval of a violation of the provisions of this code or of other ordinances of the jurisdiction.”

111.4 Revocation. The building official is authorized to, in writing, suspend or revoke a certificate of occupancy of completion issued under the provisions of this code wherever the certificate is issued in error, or on the basis of incorrect information supplied, or where it is determined that the building or structure or portion thereof is in violation of any ordinance or regulation or any of the provisions of this code.

One of the other regulations that I'm aware of to withhold a certificate of occupancy until the department of highway signed off on an intersection for the emergency signal and new turn lane for the fire apparatus access leading to the new construction though the building was in complete compliance.

Last edited by a moderator: