• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

ACS Firehouse FHInspector

I have been checking some of the sites for additional information. On face value, it looks like kind of a limited program. I have 2 inspectors that wants it, but with budget restrictions with the city, I am hesitant to approve the purchase. I seems like this type of program could be constructed in house with the ability to amend later. Not sure of the advantages other than possibly linking to FireHouse at station. I would be nice if there was a working demo to review.

If using FH presently and wanting to go lighter in the field then maybe it may be benificial. My teamwork pokes have finally paid off....city is buying us notepads with compatable software for the building permit software so we can post our stuff to the building dept. property file. Nice thing is that the bldg. dept. is paying for them and we can use the noptepads for additional stuff like PIS drawing updates, GIS and photos. Firehouse stuff is typically pretty solid though.