• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Add an ignore user feature.

brudgers

Platinum Member
I don't want to list people as "Foes" just because I don't want to see their posts.

Re: Add an ignore user feature.

RJJ wrote:

Burdgers: It is simple, just don't read thier posts!
A easy step that should be taken to heart by everyone, sure would resolve a lot of those personal issues :) ;)

RJJ,

"It is simple, just don't read thier posts!"

I tried that; but, couldn't resist reading the posts. I am working on a new method to keep me from reading some posts.

I'll let you know how it works out.

I stick my head in the toilet and try to flush the post out of my mind. That blue stuff from the tank burns my eyes and that takes the post off my mind for an hour or so; but, the memory of the post comes back in a few hours.

Uncle Bob

so is someone going to post something on this post, anyone anyone there???

brudgers - Just list them all as 'friends' and accept them for their differences of opinion with you. It works for the rest of us... :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD wrote:

brudgers - Just list them all as 'friends' and accept them for their differences of opinion with you. It works for the rest of us... :lol: :lol: :lol:
JD, there's a few other posters beside brudgers, that should take notice of your statement. :roll: :roll:

John Drobysh said:
Fat fn chance.

Brudgers,

I sincerely hope you change your mind. Back in the days (several years ago) when I first started posting on the old ICC BB; ConArb and I would get into some very heated debates, where you would have thought that we would go to blows if we ever met. Over the years we have become good friends and even phone each other once in a while.

For most of us; there is nothing personal (although we do get personal sometimes) in our differences of opinions. I've been called an idiot quite a few times; and, also been thanked by the same person at another time for one my posts; and vise versa. Heck, some of the Fire Service folks and I got into some real "hum dingers" when they first came to our BB and we debated RFSs. I may be wrong; but, I do believe that after the smoke cleared we became friends; at least that's the way I see it.

Uncle Bob

Me too my buddy.....UB :D

Brudgers,

I would agree with others, if you don't want to block people then don't. Now if its a matter of someone sending you PM's that you don't like settle that issue or choose to block them (if applicable).

General: As we (moderators) have been instructed; I will personally try to keep any debates on on a professional level so they don't become personal attacks on anyone...... regardless and we as members and guests should all feel comfortable offering our opinions on relative matter to the discussions and even in those cases where there is disagreement. Everyone in here has value and brings different perspectives to the table and that's what many like.

I don't want to see certain people's posts by default.

However, I'm philosophically opposed to labling those people "foes."

"Dumb asses" maybe, but "ignored" would be better.

Brudgers raises a good point. We all posses different views; while some might have a higher and broader perspectives, which seems to upset a few with lower or narrower views, that does not make them any less valid.

;)