• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Ads keep scrolling the page down

Paul Sweet

Sawhorse
I am having a lot of trouble following threads because stupid action ads for stuff I don't want keep scrolling the page down. I have the page set up so new posts are at the top. Is there any way to keep this from happening?

Have not had that happen?

What browser are you using???

desktop/ laptop, or phone??

I don't get any ads at all when using my laptop. I use Firefox. The Amazon banner is gone too. However I do have to scroll to the bottom because the forum "Contractor Talk" was shoved to the bottom.

My iphone and ipad have ads and Amazon but they are not action ads. They both use Safari.

I just tried Safari on my laptop and there are ads and Amazon is there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a state computer, so I think they have the system tied down pretty tight. We're still using Internet Explorer 9.

The worst offender right now is an ad that looks like a couple guys fighting over a can of some drink. It was really driving me crazy on the off-topic posts a few minutes ago.

Paul Sweet said:
It's a state computer, so I think they have the system tied down pretty tight. We're still using Internet Explorer 9.The worst offender right now is an ad that looks like a couple guys fighting over a can of some drink. It was really driving me crazy on the off-topic posts a few minutes ago.
Just install Firefox with the Ad Blocker extension inside IE, they'll never know the difference, it doesn't get rid of Jeff's titty-pink banner though.

conarb said:
Just install Firefox with the Ad Blocker extension inside IE, they'll never know the difference, it doesn't get rid of Jeff's titty-pink banner though.
If he wants people to avoid reading the banner, he's figured out how to do it.