• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Advanced Design Topics in Wood Construction Engineering

Francis Vineyard

March 13-14, 2011, Chicago

Sponsored by Woodworks™ and Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education

The primary audiences for this course are registered design professionals, commercial designers, wood truss and framing designers, post-frame building designers, building code professionals, and general contractors that want to expand their general knowledge of wood as a building material and their knowledge of building design beyond the introductory level.

For more information, please visit http://www.cpe.vt.edu/woodworks/index.html.

Francis:

Thanks for sharing this course with the Forum. My note is to clarify that the course dates are March 13-14, 2012.

Best wishes to all for the coming year,

Frank Woeste

Professor Emeritus

Virginia Tech

Welcome to the forum Frank, we need the educated to dip into our little pool from time to time, so please keep a toe in.

Welcome Frank! I have been talking to my CBO about sending at least one representative, even if it means catching the over-night chicken bus.

Sitting here waiting for the class to start

Coffee and handouts are good

First section was good

Talked about some interesting constructed buildings and sip and clt

2nd part was structural Kind of lost / not my area of inspection

But SHRINKAGE was interesting

Last segment had some good info , more about how great wood is

Overall good free program , they put out alot of places to get great info!!!!