• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

AG Pool Bonding Theory

jar546

Forum Coordinator
Got this email today from a licensed electrician who failed an inspection. Not sure how to respond. I am thinking just cite codes in the reply email. The paperwork was left behind with the homeowner as the electrician was not present for the inspection they scheduled.

XXXXX from xxxxx just called me and mentioned something about bonding the pool she didnt give me much info i thought there was no bonding to be done on above ground pools because of there metal body actually circles and is in contact with the ground in its entirety maybe i am wrong let me know what you require because i have another above ground in xxxxxx i may have to correct thanks
There was also a lack of bonding to the pump motor. The bonding lug was lonely waiting for a connection.

Would this theory work?