• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

AHJ approving own drawings

I contacted the GA Building Official Association.
The president wrote me back & said to contact the board (note, I removed his name below)

"You will need to contact the architects & engineers licensing board to report a violation like this.

------- CBO MCP
Chief Building Official
City of Marietta
President
BOAG

Just to "muddy" the water a little bit. I would file two complaints, one against the Engineer for sealing documents not produced under his direct supervision and also sealing documents outside his area of expertise. The second compliant to file is against the gentleman ("AHJ") for the un-licensed practice of architecture. If I were the Municipality I would be scrambling to cover my rear end for permitting/condoning an "employee" to engage in the un-licensed practice of architecture.

I contacted the GA Building Official Association.
The president wrote me back & said to contact the board (note, I removed his name below)

"You will need to contact the architects & engineers licensing board to report a violation like this.

------- CBO MCP
Chief Building Official
City of Marietta
President
BOAG

I am thinking they have no power over the BO??

Media they always need filler