• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Air supported roof collapse

rktect 1

Gold Member

That is exactly what will happen when you don't follow the building codes. Required to have an auxiliary inflation system and backup generator in case of power failure. Looks like they forgot the support provisions too unless the occupant load does not exceed 50. They will also need the fire suppression system after 50 so I would assume that they do not plan on having spectators inside even though it states 2000.

Last edited:
They had the support provisions...they just didn't work...I did one of those early in my career and the people putting them up just don't get it...

“Required to have an auxiliary inflation system and backup generator in case of power failure”

In their (possible) defense … the aux inflator and generator were in the scope and would have been on-line when it was open to the public.

“Required to have an auxiliary inflation system and backup generator in case of power failure”

In their (possible) defense … the aux inflator and generator were in the scope and would have been on-line when it was open to the public.
Neither of those systems get a pass when the building is unoccupied...IMO