• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Alarmed gate from outdoor courtyard

Robert

I have a scenario where the restaurant owner wants a courtyard people gate for delivery and employee use only, but will otherwise be alarmed if a patron was to use it (panic hardware exiting to a public way). Does such hardware exist (ie: perhaps a code or key that turns off the alarm when used by employees)? The occupant load of the courtyard is less than 50 so I don't need the second exit and the patrons would re-enter the building to exit it. However, I like the idea of them not having to do that in case of emergency in the building. Thanks.

Yes it does

Or they could to a card or cypher for employees to get back in.

Real life just not a gate

Attachments

• IMG_6141.JPG
    IMG_6141.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6142.JPG
    IMG_6142.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6