• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

yura

Hello all, I would greatly value any feedback, as this is my first time posting on this forum. I do mostly residential window and door work (repair and replacement), as well as commercial glass and glass units replacements. Once in a while I have requests to bid come my way to bid on new storefront systems. I don't have a lot of experience in building the new storefront structures, and I am currently learning about it on my own, but my question is how to properly estimate the job from the blueprints.

What is the average cost per sq ft of storefront with 1'' tempered glass package in it. I understand that the cost may be different across different states, but any input and feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I was asked to bid on a relatively small project about 16' x 14' (ft) storefront entrance with a double door entrance, all manual, and was wondering what would be a competitive bid on such project.

Thank you all who would respond

Small jobs like this are labor intensive, and other costs (mobilization, equipment rentals, etc.) are likely a higher percentage of the cost. Don't try to rely on unit proces based on large jobs. Your best bet is to calculate how much these costs were on previous similar size jobs you did, and give yourself a little cushion.

Small jobs like this are labor intensive, and other costs (mobilization, equipment rentals, etc.) are likely a higher percentage of the cost. Don't try to rely on unit proces based on large jobs. Your best bet is to calculate how much these costs were on previous similar size jobs you did, and give yourself a little cushion.
Thanks for your response. But on average what’s a good cost per sq ft? 50$ 40$??? Or 75$?