• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Android App ready for download, IPhone in progress

jar546

Forum Coordinator
For those of you with a Droid, the app is in the market under BC Forum or you can simply search building codes in the market place.

For IPhone users like me, it is still in the works. This has been much more complicated than I thought but we are light years ahead of any other BC Forum. Hopefully the IPhone app will be ready for download by the end of this week.

How about some feedback for those who use the apps please. I checked out the droid one and there is a lot you can do. Lots!

Cool, look forward to checking out the droid app, when I get back towards civilization and can download it.........thanks Jeff.

Is there a difference between the app and a full-blown browser? I have the Motorola Atrix with the full Firefox (not mobile version).

Great to hear. A lot of time and effort went into that. IPhone in a few more weeks. Don't see the ICC doing that with their forum (had to jab at that) :)

UPDATE:

IPhone still in progress. Apple has to approve the app for use before it can be downloaded and used. This is not an overnight project. I am trying to find out how many times the Droid app was downloaded. So far we know it is less than 50 since they don't start counting publicly until there are at least 50 downloads. If anyone wants to rate or review the app, it will help.

IF YOU ARE A DROID USER, PLEASE GO TO THE MARKETPLACE FOR APPS AND DOWNLOAD THIS APP. I THINK YOU WILL BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED

Is this app still available. I searched for it and got nothing. I have Verizon. Not a "Droid" but it runs the Android system. Sorry for my phone ignorance. Someone help....please.

I suppose I don't know much about my droid. How is the app any better than just opening my browser and setting a bookmark for the Building Codes Forum? I'm reluctant to accept all those permissions that so many of the free apps require.

Bill

As of today,app is not showing on the android market under "BC Forum" as stated above. It is showing up in a search for "Building Codes". I downloaded it today.

Nicks Turf said:
As of today,app is not showing on the android market under "BC Forum" as stated above. It is showing up in a search for "Building Codes". I downloaded it today.
Good, thanks for the head up. It was originally listed under BC forum and I complained about that so it looks like they fixed it. They did not fix it at Apple yet though.

Website Address

I have the app on my motorola xoom tablet. It runs good so far. What is the forum's address on the internet?

Having trouble with the droid app. It has started to force close a lot when I open threads from the home page. The I phone version works flawlessly on my I pod. Just the droid version that is fouling. Anyone else having issues?