• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Another Tree House makes the news

Re: Another Tree House makes the news

19 ft of block sounds to me like a likely leaning tower before long.

I actually know of a Code Official who was sued by a (former) friend over a tree house. The 'friend' built it without a permit (none required by local or state law), and when his own child got hurt he decided to sue the Town and the Code Offcial for letting him build it without a permit! :eek: :shock: :?

Can't we all just get along? :roll:

For the record, the deed restriction will likely be deemed valid only if the hard-a$$ neighbor can prove he has been equally vigilant with all 'offenders'. By the description in the article, he hasn't. Apparently it's just too darn tall. Based on the prior litigation (cutting tree branches?), I'm thinking the cantankerous SOB of a neighbor just doesn't like the guy who moved in next door. TFB!

these issues can be an enforcement nightmare if you get sucked in the vortex. i have never in my 16 years of code enforcement seen a single tree house or playground set being built or existing! :roll: :roll: :mrgreen: