• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Anyone have good pictures...

JBI

Hello All. Does anyone have any good pictures of OS&Y valves with chain-lock? There are tons of pics of monitoring switches out there, but chain-lock are hard to find... Please either post here or send to my e-mail at jdrobysh@yahoo.com Thanks in advance, JBI

stock-photo-sprinkler-main-shut-off-valves-outside-a-building-chained-up-4303657.jpg

JBI, 3 day weekend.You know... darn government workers. Don't have OSY Valve but have some from last week that would be a repeat of Roade Island. Station night club. Give me a few weeks (months?) until it's over and I can send pictures. Wow! What a week.

We had that setup on a building but the locks were break away and if you hit them hard enough, even with the butt end of a 2 way radio, they would open and allow us to close the risers if we had a broken sprinkler head and needed to shut down that area while the fix was made.

One of my colleagues is putting a new course together and wanted a 'good old-fashioned' chain and padlock example for a slide in the powerpoint. Thanks for the input so far guys/gals.

BTW, if anyone has any good shots of footings or foundation walls with snow or ice on them they would be appreciated as well (for a different course...) :)

JBI

Send me a Private Message with an email address, It seems I can't upload images anymore to the site.