• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Archived NY Code?

klmArchitect

Would anyone know of an online resource for NY Codes from the past? Specifically, I'm trying to determine the handrail requirements for a Commercial building built between 1930 and 1950 in NY State, (not NYC). It's one of those things where I need to determine whether the current stair is compliant with the code in effect when originally built. Any heads-up would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Yeah, I did come across that. It's pretty vague though mentioning a code was adopted in NY in the 40's, then revised in the 60's. I do have a call in to them