• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Awc dca6-2012 pdf

As I may also in the future, we have a good one from the CO Chapter, but this one seems to expand the requirements a bit more.

Glenn M., what do you think?

I was on the ad-hoc committee that helped review and provide input on this update. There is some good stuff and some crazy stuff. For example, MINIMUM pier diameter for decks is a whopping 18 inches! I can say that the AWC worked very hard and did a lot of calculations to find answers to deck engineering that do not currently exist. There are some big changes to this version, but a lot of work ahead. A commentary from the AWC will be out around the end of the year that will provide more information.

I am working on a feature article right now for the Professional Deck Builder. It will cover the top ten changes, with my normal, critical review. It will publish in the September issue. I will post a link to the online article at that time.