• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

B2 finito

rktect 1

Gold Member
Well, just got back from the test for B2 Commercial Building Inspector.

Whew. Glad that is over with.

Got me one more pass. I was sweating for a while though. I was able to finish up the first time through with about 15 minutes to spare. I had tagged about 15 questions to go back and look at with about 3-4 that I absolutely guessed at. I changed about two of those answers with only seconds to spare when I found the info. Only had three questions related to the plans though. For some reason neither the B3 or B2 exam really went into the plans. Which is OK by me.

Gotta start studying for the plumbing exams now.

Re: B2 finito

I was going to pass on the plumbing certs. as we in Illinois go by the Illinois Plumbing Code. My understanding is the only way to legally inspect plumbing, is to be a state licensed plumber/ inspector. Meaning you need a 4 year full time job as a professional plumber while logging your hours and licensing at the state level.

Congrats though, I too wasn't real sure if I passed after the B2 test (I did)

The electrical certs are next for me.

mj

Well, technically you are correct. Not to go too in depth here though, what happens when the plumbing inspector, who also does the reviews, goes on vacation for 2 weeks? Well, they would like for me to look at some of the more simple submittals so the back log isn't too great. And yes we do have the Illinois plumbing code, which I shall be talking a class in as well, but still I might as well get the certs as long as I have to learn the stuff. Plus I will need it for the combination plans examiner, so........ I figured I'd do these first, then mechanical and finally electrical. Of course, when I say finally I mean before I move onto the 01 and 02 for CBO.

Ooh, I almost forgot. I had a trick question.

Quick.

Everybody go to the index and look up wood shingles under roof coverings and see where that leads you to. If it leads you to section 1508.8, you're in for a surprise when you go there.