• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

B3 Plans examiner

Mr.crazy.inspector

hello everyone,

I'm Andrew a young and upcoming inspector i have been trying to find study material for my B3 exam im currently a commercial building inspector just passed my B2 last week. My question is should i just take the B3 or should i try to find a study material if so please specify the site I can buy such material.

Thank you,

Welcome

You are not the only crazy inspector here

And guess you have, to inspect in Calif

Not sure if a non paying person can do a search for B3 on the forum

But you will get some answers

You can also become a Sawhorse and help support this site

Plus you will get answers in the future to other questions

ICC does print plan review guide-books. They have one for non-structural and one for structural. Check their website.

I would agree that ICC provides a study book. If I remember correctly, it was about 40 pages. I also bought the ICC flash cards but I did not use them. Be sure to tab your book and be generally familiar with the content of each chapter. When you think you found your answer in the code book, read a little further to be sure you are not missing something in the footnotes (below a table) or an exception. If you fail the exam, do not feel bad about it. Just take it again and again until you pass.