• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bad Request

conarb

I normally use Firefox, this morning, after one post, I started getting:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of request header field exceeds server limit.

I logged in on Chrome and it works fine here, I have notified Jeff but wonder if anyone else using Firefox is having this problem?

Dick, did you see the PM's I sent you regarding the faked emails I received from you?

Roger

Hi Roger, I just checked PMs here in Chrome and I don't have any, I was notified the other day that my email account had been hacked and I changed the password, if you are still getting them please let me know immediately. I still get he same message on Firefox, I'm having problems on no other fora including the JLC that is on the same version of vBulletin.

This site is working as well as it works on Chrome and IE, it will not load at all on Firefox, my preferred browser, this is the notice I get:

View attachment 2186

Is anyone else on Firefox and getting this? View attachment 2187

View attachment 2186

View attachment 2187

/monthly_2016_03/bad_request.jpg.db61c51c3d9ea9a8465e2ff563c20182.jpg

/monthly_2016_03/bad_request.jpg.91a3241291197ec2c0cdb8ef41d0459b.jpg

This site is working as well as it works on Chrome and IE, it will not load at all on Firefox, my preferred browser, this is the notice I get:

Is anyone else on Firefox and getting this?
Try deleting your cookie history,,,,

And see what happens

CDA:

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried it and it still didn't work, I also went in and removed all as blockers from the site and that didn't work either, as I said I'm having no problems with other browsers, just Firefox. So I ask again, is anyone else here using Firefox? If someone is without the problem I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, but I hate to do that because I'll have to reinstall all my extensions and other addons.

Sorry

I use Firefox very occasionally and it seems to work sometimes and not others.

And that is to get to other sites, besides this forum

CDA:

Have you tried in recently, like today? I'm having no problems with Firefox on other sites, even the JLC that is on this same vBulletin.

I guess I have the problem fixed, some research showed that Firefox did an upgrade to 45.0.2 on March 17th, it said that I got the upgrade successfully: however, I found a page stating that I could refresh it, I did and I now have something that looks really different but this version of vBulletin is now working, if anyone else has this problem here is the refresh. Every thing is working really slow but maybe I'm running so many open tabs that it's taking a long time to load the first time. My extensions aren't working so I'll have to see whether I have to redownload them and reinstall them, I had to hand-code that link. .