• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Baghdad to Kabul

Sandman

Bronze Member
I am in Dubai right now heading to Afghanistan. Nothing to report other than I am still alive!

Two weeks ago in the International Zone, seven whistles in the sky, seven rockets, seven explosions, and shrapnel outside my office door. I only had just enough time to get under my desk. It is not over here. It might not ever be over. Picked up a piece of shrapnel from one of the Katyusha rockets that hit inside and briefly considered keeping it as a souvenir. But then I thought, how do I describe any of this to anyone? And I threw away the piece of metal that could have killed me into a trash can and walked away.

See ya in another six months, fellas.

Continue keeping the head down sandman, come back in six months safe and sound. God bless you, and all your fellow troops that are out there that have volunteered to try to keep the world safe.

Kabul to Dubai to Fiji to Texas to California to Virginia.

I am coming backto the USA. This isn't fun anymore. I'm tired and cranky and want to buy expensive coffee, argue about politics and religion and buy a bunch of stuff I don't need. God Bless America!

Where is Uncle Bob, ConArb and Packsaddle? Are they all AWOL?

UB is awol but he still checks comes here to read, just not log in or post. Conarb posts and visits regularly, Packsaddle had not posted in 7 months but visits regularly.

Get back safe!!!!

= =

Indeed, God PLEASE continue to bless America!......Come back safe " Sandman "! :D

= =

I think I would have stopped in FIJI

Do you know Obama is still in charge??

Thank you for your service Sandman. God bless you and the others with which you serve.

Welcome home Sandman, although you'll find that the Greenies are running wild here. Uncle Bob has disappeared, I've tried E-mailing and calling him for a month with no response, at this point I am concerned.

UB jumped ship back to the ICC BB when it came back up and running. He is now unhappy with their BB and has been complaining publicly since Nov 2011. I don't think any BB will ever meet his standards.

Hope you have/had a safe journey home Sandman! Thanks for your service.

I think about the service men and women that are over there every day, my son will be deploying in March/April.

I dread the day, the place scares the crap out of me.

Glad you are out of there safe.