• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bathroom in Shed

jaybrown

I have a permit for a bathroom in an existing shed in someone's back yard to keep the kids from running out of the pool and into the house all summer.
They are putting the shed on a slab with frost footings, drainage and shut offs for winterization. I've never come across this one before, anyone else?
Would you recommend insulating the walls? I'm in SW PA Climate Zone 4A for reference.
Thanks everybody.

Pool-house. See them somewhat frequently. No insulation so long as the space is unconditioned. Typically see isolation valve at the house for the cold-water supply, with a connection to blow-out the line for winterization.