• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Benefits of The Building Code Forum

jar546

Forum Coordinator
The Building Code Forum is a specific online forum that is dedicated to building codes, it has several benefits:
  1. It provides a platform for professionals in the building industry, such as architects, engineers, and building inspectors, to share their knowledge and experiences with others in the field.
  2. It allows users to ask questions and receive answers and guidance from experts on specific building code requirements and interpretations.
  3. It serves as a resource for staying up-to-date on the latest changes and updates to building codes.
  4. It provides a space for professionals to discuss and share information on current best practices, techniques, and materials.
  5. It can be a useful tool for code officials, contractors, and other industry professionals to discuss and resolve code-related issues.
  6. It allows users to share their own experiences and learn from others in the industry, which can help to increase knowledge and understanding of building codes and improve the quality of construction.

Because I am in Canada much of the specifics discussed here are not relevant to me because of different codes. However, I find it very valuable for the "big picture" to see how other inspectors are thinking on the macro level. Although we all use different codes in different jurisdictions the end goal of protecting public safety is the same.
I am a building department of 1 (me) so having a forum like this to bounce ideas around is another tool in the tool box.

Because I am in Canada much of the specifics discussed here are not relevant to me because of different codes. However, I find it very valuable for the "big picture" to see how other inspectors are thinking on the macro level. Although we all use different codes in different jurisdictions the end goal of protecting public safety is the same.
I am a building department of 1 (me) so having a forum like this to bounce ideas around is another tool in the tool box.
Same here. Also to see the similarities in code requirements is interesting.