• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

bonding water

ICE

Oh Well
Thanks Wayne...that is the model that the contractor used because he described it as having a hole through the part that's in the pipe. I got the idea that a pool supply store fabricated the section of pipe with the hardware installed. I can't see the installation instructions until I print them at work but it looks like the thing might not be right.

© Pool Water. An intentional bond of a minimum conductive surface area of 5800 mm2 (9 in.2) shall be installed in contact with the pool water. This bond shall be permitted to consist of parts that are required to be bonded in 680.26(B)

I believe the pool water bond came in in 2008 NEC.......AG pools use a plate bolted through the skimmer.....we are not there yet so I have not seen one for an IG pool....

Now that I have been able to read the installation instructions, I have found that it is required to be 3" below the water level.

Thanks for the link, it's a useless device in my opinion.