• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Building Codes for Basement Finish

Glenn

New ICC-approved, FREE, online course at www.buildingcodecollege.com

Building Codes for Basement Finish (2015 IRC)

Sessions:

1) Design (room sizes, clearances, headroom)

2) Alarms (smoke and CO alarms)

3) EERO (all about emergency escape and rescue openings)

4) Framing (decay resistance, notching/drilling, interior walls)

5) Fireblocking (materials, locations, methods)

6) Mechanical Systems (combustion air, venting, dryer exhaust)

7) Electrical Systems (receptacle/lighting distribution, GFCI, AFCI)

8) Drywall and Access (fastening, components requiring access)

Free enrollment allows anyone and everyone access to the videos, self-study and code references. Inspectors, contractors, DIY'ers, designers, everyone has a free, online, self-paced opportunity to learn a wealth of codes that apply to basement finish. For those that need ICC CEU's from a preferred provider, or just want an expanded course, the $99.99 annual enrollment offers a year of access to all courses, practice quizzes, completion exams, and (currently) up to 1.7 CEU's.

NO ads, soft marketing, or bias. Just the 2015 IRC as it applies to basements.

Just this morning I was wondering what happened to Glenn and why we haven't heard from you in a while.

Thanks Glenn.Please edit the text in your enrollment page...THEN, I'll sign-up :smile:Free Enrollment allows you to sit in on all the courses, with access to all course videos, self-study assignments, and code references. Thanks to the generosity of the course sponsors, code education is available for anyone that wants to learn. Courses are all non-biasED and code-driven with no ads, soft marketing, or other distractions. You’re here and the education is free; there’s nothing to loose (LOSE). Let’s make the construction industry better through education!
attachment.php

View attachment 1169

View attachment 1169

/monthly_2015_04/image125.png.4a5efc33eb9fdc76b5591afeb8ed4418.png

I'm working on more, jj1289, but it's been a busy summer. I am committed to having a new deck code update class based on the 2015 out by the end of the year.

Thanks for the support!