• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Building Codes on TikTok

Glenn

For the last year I have been experimenting with TikTok as a way to reach the public with a positive, proactive and fully-independent voice about building codes. I have been overwhelmed by the responses. Making this style of video content has been very new to me, as it is more conversational and personable than a my normal "slide show" type of videos. TikTok is a powerful video app that allows for incredible creativity and interaction. I've made some pretty strange building code videos... some controversial ones. I've made videos that only a dummy independent can risk making. The public seems to appreciate it.

1) TikTok is more than what mainstream media tells you it is. Sadly, mainstream runs our society, so I realize this app is likely going away in the US so the fragile ones amongst us can be protected. But the lessons from my experiment are mine forever, as are my videos.

2) If you want to see some unusual building code social media, you don't have to have the app. All my videos can be watched on a the web on a desktop (link below).

3) "We the People" are interested to hear about codes in a non-authority, non-government delivery. It's just not something that's heavily offered to them. Help me with that. Let's change public perception of the value "codes" can offer. Willful compliance is the most effective compliance of them all.

Link to my TikTok Channel.

I've am often given gifts of outdated code books for my vintage collection. I have so many duplicates. So I've started a code book giveaway campaign. Please donate your old code books to me so I can give them to others. Many locations are still on older codes, so they are still useful in other places even if yours are updated. Thanks!

Pretty interesting collection Glenn. Not much for the mass market social media sites. (Albeit TheBuildingCodeForum.com is indeed social media.) First time on TikTok ( and I think I posted a comment on FB for only the 2nd or 3rd time today.)

TBCF has a Youtube channel which is grossly underutilized and I have thought about TikTok since I have a motorcycle channel on it and familiar with how it works. I wish that I had the time to invest into more social media posts in order to drive people to TBCF. Looks like you are filling an important niche.

For the last year I have been experimenting with TikTok as a way to reach the public with a positive, proactive and fully-independent voice about building codes. I have been overwhelmed by the responses. Making this style of video content has been very new to me, as it is more conversational and personable than a my normal "slide show" type of videos. TikTok is a powerful video app that allows for incredible creativity and interaction. I've made some pretty strange building code videos... some controversial ones. I've made videos that only a dummy independent can risk making. The public seems to appreciate it.

1) TikTok is more than what mainstream media tells you it is. Sadly, mainstream runs our society, so I realize this app is likely going away in the US so the fragile ones amongst us can be protected. But the lessons from my experiment are mine forever, as are my videos.

2) If you want to see some unusual building code social media, you don't have to have the app. All my videos can be watched on a the web on a desktop (link below).

3) "We the People" are interested to hear about codes in a non-authority, non-government delivery. It's just not something that's heavily offered to them. Help me with that. Let's change public perception of the value "codes" can offer. Willful compliance is the most effective compliance of them all.

Link to my TikTok Channel.

I've am often given gifts of outdated code books for my vintage collection. I have so many duplicates. So I've started a code book giveaway campaign. Please donate your old code books to me so I can give them to others. Many locations are still on older codes, so they are still useful in other places even if yours are updated. Thanks!

Thank you! Now following you!!