• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bullet proof hardware

Tim Cannon

Looking at a job that calls for bullet proof doors-Level 8. Do I need special locks? Everything I can find says that the area is reinforced and just use regular grade one hardware. Since it is a level 8 I am concerned there is special hardware for it. I think that rim or SVR panics on the inside would be the best since they would be totally protected by the door. Anyone ...Lori, surely you have run into this one.

So one door multiple doors ??

Exit doors ???

Can you say what kind of building business??

Yes, single exit door; Naval facility. We see them all of the time but not a level 8. It must take five shots from a 30.06 to pass a level 8. Pretty serious stuff.

Tim Cannon said:
Yes, single exit door; Naval facility. We see them all of the time but not a level 8. It must take five shots from a 30.06 to pass a level 8. Pretty serious stuff.
What type of round? It might withstand 15 of one type, but not even one from another.

Brent.