• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Bulletin Boards Near Ceiling

George McGerd

Bronze Member
Is anyone aware of any codes that would regulate or limit the amount of bulletin boards located within 18" of a ceiling? I found a provision in 2012 NFPA 101 - 10.2.5.3.1: "Bulletin boards posters and papers attached directly to the wall shall not exceed 20% of the aggregate wall area to which they are applied." But this does not address a particular height or proximity to ceiling. Thanks !!!

I guess what is the concern about being to close to the ceiling ???

And you are talking about one flush on a wall?? Not hanging

Flush on wall and fastened to the wall. Someone has voiced a concern about the sprinklers not being able to reach high points on the wall (near ceiling) where the bulletin boards are to be mounted.

No problem

Than again I was wrong on my last sprinkler question

If mounted flush on the wall it becomes the wall