• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Ca Residential Code (CRC)

Jonathan

Is there a way to easily find CRC equivalents from the old CBC chapter and section numbers? I am having trouble finding the new code references i.e. (CBC 406.1.4 item 2)

indicates requirements for air ducts penetrating wall between garage and residence. I can't find section in CRC that covers this. If this info. is now to be found in and referenced from the CMC it would be nice to have a new reference number without having to own the mechanical code book

Also, CBC chapter (23 & table 2304.9.1) covered nailing, can't find it anywhere in new CRC. It's very frustrating!!