• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CA Residential Mechanical Code - Help!?!

Alias

I passed the commercial portion, no sweat.

This weekend I took the residential test for the third time and bombed. I am totally stymied with this one. I think that I have fairly well isolated the problem. I am having trouble with the combustion air calcs. :confused: There were four out of sixty questions on this last test dealing with combution air.

A little background. In the time I that have worked here, there has been a total of 1 residental HVAC unit installed and that was in the garage of a house. I haven't had to do the combustion air calcs because HVAC units aren't installed here.

I am at the point of total frustration. Does anyone have any tips, tricks, etc. to help get me over this hump? Any idea where to get CA specific study guides, practice exams, etc.? PM me if you do, I need to get this cert this year.

Sue, mentally frustrated on the frontier :mad: