• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CA . Single charging space requirements

Keith

In the CA Green Building Standards code section 5.106.5.2 refers to when a project entails the addition of 10+ parking spaces, designated parking for fuel efficient vehicles is required.

Does the 10+ additional parking condition apply to 5.106.5.3.1 Single charging space requirements ?

Is the building Dept going to start ticketing? Who decides what "fuel efficient" is? Sorry I do not have your answer, but someone from Cali ought to be waking up soon...

Keith said:
In the CA Green Building Standards code section 5.106.5.2 refers to when a project entails the addition of 10+ parking spaces, designated parking for fuel efficient vehicles is required.Does the 10+ additional parking condition apply to 5.106.5.3.1 Single charging space requirements ?
Well alrighty then....I'm in California and I have seen the parking spaces for energy star cars. My truck takes up two. Of course I am a rude person when it comes to parking.

As far as the rules go....I can't help you with that.

Charging space requirements are in appendix A, the code section you cited should have included the "A" in front of the number. Unless the appendix has been specifically adopted by the AHJ, the appendix is "voluntary" and no pre-wire for EV is required.