• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Calabasas widens building-code crackdown

From the pictures on the Calabasas website it would appear the Warrant was justified; there are numerous violations evident in the photos. I like the way the reporter wrote "Past Palmer's ornately carved front door, city building official Sparky Cohen led building inspector Jason Reithoffer and code enforcement officer Ray Soria through the house", when I read the article I thought of some old farmhouse, not a junkyard/campsite.

Remember when we did 12-14 years ago in another AHJ. Envolved a whole group of people with similiar "camping" stuff built over the years without permits. County people finally got together with warrants, sherriff and septic went in and wrote a whole lot of stuff up. Mostly the camps came down, buildings could stay if built correctly(or mostly), people agreed to something for the health dept requirement for septic(can not remmeber what that was) and since there was not electric were required to add a 9v smoke alarm.

FWIW wonder what he'd take for the Ford truck?