• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CALGreen

Alias

Just finished the webinar and boy howdy, we're in trouble here on the frontier! :eek:

As I suspected, there will be no way for us to meet the recycling portion, there are almost NO HVAC units (LPG or electric) installed here (woodstoves & direct vent room heaters are the norm), and the local contractors shop a lot over the border in OR. I think I will have to institute a 'green building' permit fee to cover all of the extra requirements.

Wish me luck!

Sue, in the wild, wild, wild west........:mrgreen:

How will you enforce the recycling requirements if the goals are not met?

Mark K said:
How will you enforce the recycling requirements if the goals are not met?
The conundrum of the day! Local trash company doesn't even have recycling bins for home/commercial. I have a dumpster in my driveway because I live outside the city limits and the trash collection route. All wood, tree trimmings, etc., is burned at the transfer station and everything else is put in a big truck and sent to the dumpsite in NV. I wonder if a local amendment would work..........:confused:

And I love the bicycle rack requirement. I awoke to snow this AM, 3/4 of the year here is not condusive to any type of outdoor activity, much less bike riding. I don't know about you but bike riding in a snowstorm is not exactly my idea of fun. :mrgreen:

Sue, welcome to the 'other CA', where the west still lives..................