• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

California - Title 24 Part 11 - Scope for Mixed occupancy hotel

rjjh

For a proposed non seprated mixed occupancy hotel (R-1, B, A-3, etc. use), would i need to comply with both residential and non-residential mandatory measures (or more stringent)?

Hotels/motels are in the HCD-1 scope in section 104.1, and fall under residential mandatory measures in chapter 4.

But im not really clear on Section 302.1 (below), does this mean that both chapter 4 and 5 (non-residential) mandatory measures would apply for the other occupancies above since they are not all accessory uses (by 10% area) and even though they are only there for guest amenities and use?

Section 302.1 Mixed Occupancy Buildings
In mixed occupancy buildings, each portion of a building shall comply with the specific green building measures applicable to each specific occupancy.

I would say yes, it seems like you have a mixed occupancy. In my reading that code section seems to say that you have to apply the specific measures for each occupancy.