• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

California's Residential Code

conarb

As most know California went to a residential code the first of the month, I fought this before not wanting a simplified code, on the basis that it would further separate better commercial/industrial contractors from less competent residential contractors. One of the advantages I did see was that we could communicate better if we were all on the same code numbering system, I'm finally starting to look at the code, this morning I was asked about sealed crawl spaces, come to find out the numbering isn't even the same, in North Carolina's IRC they are under R409.5, in California they are under R408.3.

Has anyone from California actually studied this new residential code yet? Are all the numberings different from the IRC? Wish we were back on the UBC.

i'm still on the u.b.c. still kicking and fighting change:mrgreen: i have studied the c.r.c. ,didn't know of the differences with the i.r.c. i know we adopted chapters 3-10. what's the difference?