• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Campground structures

Mr. Inspector

SAWHORSE
a.jpg
b.jpg
c.jpg

I asked if these campground structures need to comply with the IBC because they are on a commercial business campground. The answers I got on this site was that the IBC does not regulate RV's. I did not understand this because none of these structures connect or even touch the RV's and seem to meet the definition of a structure, which the IBC is for. At some of these the, like on the first photo, the RV is under the structure just part of the year.
I was wondering if this is the same for plumbing, mechanical, and electric. They are installing kitchens, showers, hot tubs and you name it on these decks.

I would think this is predominantly a zoning issue... but yes, these are structures and are non-accessory to a SFD. Therefore, yes, it is appropriate to regulate under the IBC.

I would say that classification is difficult. I'm not sure what occupancy classification I would go with to be honest.

I either didn't see or don't remember a previous discussion on this, but those things in the photos are certainly "structures." And, since they are not accessory to a one- or two-family residence, they fall under the purview of the IBC.