• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Can I still take the 2009 M3 as a paper and pencil exam?

EricWatkins

I just took the 2009 M2 Commercial Mechanical Inspector exam and I wanted to strike while the iron was still hot. Well it turns out that I took the 2009 M2 on almost THE last day they offered it for computer testing. So the computer-based bulletin says that the 2009 exams will be offered throughout 2015, but when I find the paper and pencil bulletin, it doesn't list the 2009 exams at all. I'm a bit new to all of this testing stuff, but not at all new to using computers, browsing the web, etc. That said, I feel like the ICC site and Pearson Vue sites just keep sending me in circles between the two and I still can't figure out how to register for the exam. I'm getting pretty frustrated. I wish my municipality was on a newer version of the code just so I could take the test, but it's the 2009 that I'm familiar with and have the books for.

Help please if you can. Maybe a link or something. Thanks!

Eric

Paper and pencil yes just need to find a site to take it. But why wait 6 weeks for results, take the 2012. Hasn't changed dramatically from the "09".

I have been told if you can get a group of 20 people or so, ICC will proctor the test. Oh yeahhhh

Yeah, given the distance to the paper and pencil exams, I think I'll just go for a newer version. Might as well make the leap to 2015. Thanks!