• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Can this plumbing be made less bulky?

maherba

Hi -- I just bought my first condo in Toronto and am having some renovations done. I will be replacing the vanity in the bathroom, but I am limited in what I can do because of this very aggressive plumbing under the sink. Is there any way that this can be made less bulky so that I can at least get a drawer in the bottom of the vanity space? The condo is 12 years old and was among the last to be built with Kitec, but we have been assured that the Kitec has been replaced. I have never seen such bulky plumbing in a condo before, though -- the kitchen is similar.

Hope this photo sharing works:

Your link is kicking back a 404 error. Make sure that the link is to a public page.

Hi -- I just bought my first condo in Toronto and am having some renovations done. I will be replacing the vanity in the bathroom, but I am limited in what I can do because of this very aggressive plumbing under the sink. Is there any way that this can be made less bulky so that I can at least get a drawer in the bottom of the vanity space? The condo is 12 years old and was among the last to be built with Kitec, but we have been assured that the Kitec has been replaced. I have never seen such bulky plumbing in a condo before, though -- the kitchen is similar.

Flickr or similar is supposed to work for posting pictures

Or somehow make the picture a link and post the link

Do you have a water heater anywhere in your unit??
No, there's no water heater in the unit. I haven't heard a noise from the plumbing when the kitchen tap is turned on, but I just got possession of the unit on Monday and haven't been living there. My father believes it is the water supply for the entire unit.

You have a smart Father!!

I tend to agree with him

Since you have no water heater in your unit or you have not found it.

Looks like those are the supply coming into your unit.

The red and blue is either meters or pumps, I am guessing meter

A good high paid plumber can more than likely do a little get it out of the way job.

Maybe raise one or both lines or take them vertical.

Can you take a picture of the top of the red or blue unit, that way we can properly identify what they are.

Ultimately, I am doubtful that you can get much more room, and most likely it will be cost prohibitive.

I will take another picture when I go back to the unit on Saturday. I'm awaiting the renovation before moving in, but things are on hold because of the pandemic and lockdown. I was just wondering whether some of the white wrapping on them could be pared down.