• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO 01 legal/management test

DKnoch

Ive just taken the 2012 cbo 01 module yesterday and got a 74. I had taken it a week before and got a 72 (changed answer at the last minute even though I should've known better). Per pearson vue's rules I cannot take the test again for 6 months. Problem is the test will no longer be available at the end of 2016. This was the only certification i needed for the cbo, being that I have all of the certifications required for the C8 Combination Inspector. I have a few questions I'm going to appeal, but I'm doubtful that it will work. Only test I failed prior to this was the E2. I had to take that a second time. First time on the 01 module budgeting and legislation parts got me. This time i did a good bit better in all and scored slightly lower in the code enforcement part of it, which is forms, notices, abatements, etc.

Thanks, I guess I should have mentioned I just found this forum today. Glad to be here. I wasn't able to find a forum of actual building inspectors prior. Everything else I found was either contractors or private home inspectors. I guess a question I'll have for ICC tomorrow morning is if they are going to make an exemption, in the future, for the BC test for C8 and C3's

We have a mixed bag of nuts here.

Whenever you have a question or answer please post.

I think there may be one or two that have some ICC knowledge. Give it a couple of business days for replies.

Please also pass the forum around, it is nice to have as many people as possible.

Welcome! And tough break on the test, best of luck with the challenges.

cda, I don't know how I feel about being classified as part of a "mixed bag of nuts"..........but if the shoe fits.............

Welcome! And tough break on the test, best of luck with the challenges.

cda, I don't know how I feel about being classified as part of a "mixed bag of nuts"..........but if the shoe fits.............

Your one of the good nuts

Easier said than done with studying but have you thought about taking the test in the code edition immediately prior to 2012, the 2009? If you can get your hands on those books and make time to study and test why not do it and nail that test.

I can't believe I didn't think of that! Such an obvious answer, yet so ingenious. Thank you Keystone. The county I work for won't pay for it, but it's definitely better than going through the whole 3 part test. 09 should be about the same, just with a different IFC and IBC, but i have the 09's. Probably no difference in Chapter 1 anyway

You can always try for a paper and pencil exam. Check for locations on the icc calendar and local icc chapters.

We have a paper test at our office in December. That will be my last resort, because the results wont be back until January. Im going up to Wilmington in two days to take the 09. I was supposed to go last Saturday, but a hurricane was busy plowing through. Spent all day sunday and monday doing damage assessments. Thankfully powers back on, back to inspections, and life is normal again. Short of some blocked roads and other​

I passed my 01 today, so once my C8 comes back, I will send off for my CBO. I shouldn't have to sweat the timeline, since I have all needed tests passed. In other news, I just applied for a residential chief inspector position the other day. I prefer commercial but I will try an opportunity for advancement, wherever it is available. Next I need to decide if I go for fire inspector 1 or start plan review certifications...