• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO Test Books

Martin Caesar

Does anyone have a copy of the 2012 Special Inspections Manual that they are willing to part with? I'm also looking for the Human Resources Management 4th Edition, 2002 Legal Aspects of Code Admin, 2012 Building Dept Admin, and the Budget Guide for Local Gov. 3rd Edition. Send me a PM.

For those who have taken the exam, do I need to purchase the exact edition listed? I don't want to be turned away by the Pearsonview staff for having an older copy. (I hear they are real sticklers)

I can't help you on a lead for the books, but I can't imagine you would get turned back for the older edition. They usually allow any bound materials, even if it is not on the list, that's been my understanding anyway. Good luck!

I can't help with the books, sorry.

PearsonVue seems to be hit-or-miss on strictness, depending on location and who's sitting behind the desk. I took most of my tests in one location and by the time I was done everybody there knew me - they didn't do much more than a cursory glance at my materials by the last few tests. I took a couple of tests at another location and the first time, the guy did everything but strip search me; the second time, different guy, and he barely looked at a thing. The point is, you never know what the counter guy is going to be looking for/at...