• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CBO

buildcode

Hello everyone this is my first post and I am sorry if it was asked before. I am a inspector in mass Cambridge to be exact and want to pass the CBO exams legal mgt/ technical. I have been an local inspector for 23 years. I am looking for a school or a prep class that would help.

I just found this forum and am so glad I did

thanks for the help

Peter

Just to claify I do not need to have the CBO at the end of my name. The City will give me $1500 per year to get so why not...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not familiar with the area, sure others will chime in.

But I wanted to say welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Good luck with the tests. Lots of required resources, keep organized.

Denver. The construction exam center. Here is the link: http://constructionexam.com/

You will learn sooooooooo much your head will explode and you will pass. I highly, highly recommend it. Give me a call next week. (307) 686-5260. Mountain time. 2 hours difference from Mass. Jim Brown a.k.a. jpranch

Headed to the Diamond-L tomorow morning for a few days of riding in the Black Hills. Let'er Buck!

There has not been a CBO review class held in Mass for about two years.

I have spoken to a number of state inspectors who have told me that the bbrs isnt really pushing to hold one.

Bill Horrocks , a state inspector, is going to try and teach one in september in Fall River, Ma. You may want to contact him and ask him about it. I know he is trying to see how much interest there is.

I took the local inspector course in Canton a few years ago, if the CBO class is as good as that it's a great deal -

welcome.. sorry I'm tardy chiming in. Bonuses are good, so I agree, why not? Depending on what your background is, the technical portion is generally easier than the legal/management/admin portion.

Stick around in here... you'll learn more than you realize.. there are alot of good training classes, but weigh out the cost versus the bonus. (It is kind of nice to have the CBO after your name, though... personal satisfaction).