• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

CDP Access

mjesse said:
Currently watching the ICC webinar on CDP Access with a live demo.Looks like an excellent software/program so far!!

Can't wait til it goes live.

cdpACCESS

mj
I have a meeting next week to kick off the beta testing with the ICC Website Users Group. Testing has been ongoing by staff in modules for months and there will be other beta testers to ensure as much as possible we get this right the first time. I'm looking forward to live testing because I'm quite good at breaking stuff!

I too listen to the web cast. Posted to Bill that this is a major stride forward for the membership.

This issue I have felt needed dealing with for a number of years. ICC has finally made some good advances for the whole membership to be involved. I am sure that there will be some bugs and complaints, but it is great news for the members that either can't get the time off or afford the travel to be a part of an approving process.

RJJ said:
I too listen to the web cast. Posted to Bill that this is a major stride forward for the membership.This issue I have felt needed dealing with for a number of years. ICC has finally made some good advances for the whole membership to be involved. I am sure that there will be some bugs and complaints, but it is great news for the members that either can't get the time off or afford the travel to be a part of an approving process.
I wasn't sure what to expect. But it looks to be a very comprehensive effort.

Some very good features are included, and I have a lot more confidence in the pending final project.

To any/all involved, well done!

mj

Please be aware that there are a few (very few) that want this cutting edge effort to fail. Don't buy into their rhetoric! Those who are crowing the loudest may very well have a hidden agenda. There are some who surly have ulterior motives that are, well... less than pure?

I was on the web cast too. Things are looking good so far.

Had a couple of crashes during the presentation though.

Watched also, no crashes here seem to work and will allow much more participation given the travel restrictions we all face

The only concern I have with the CDPAccess is will those voting do the due diligence necessary to actually understand what they are voting on. All the work attending the hearings is conducive to voters that have reviewed what they are voting on. More importantly, they have listened to the live testimony during the hearings.

I would hope for a future where remote voting is somehow controlled so that you MUST listen to the supporting and opposing testimony before you can vote.

We need decisions made by a wider distribution and diversity of building code administrators, no doubt, but we also need QUALITY votes.

I learned a TON by listening to testimony during the hearings.

Ahhh...growing pains...you just have to grin and bear it and get through it.

Just spent a lot of time beta testing CDP over the past 2 weeks. Very cool stuff. It's not the finished product but it was pretty slick.