• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Cell tower bonding

jar546

Forum Coordinator
This is the method used in our area. This is well casing but it is not a well, just a grounding point.

IMG_3713.JPG

Re: Cell tower bonding

If the well casing is just a convenient place to mount a buss bar that is ok except the rusted crimp ends and hardware should be replaced {might even consider potting compound}, UV resistant wire should be used and a lug should be mounted on the casing and bonded to the buss bars.

If the well casing is an electrode, well that's a jackpot I would not want to be in. In my parts, cell tower grounding and bonding is engineered and an old well casing of unknown integrity would be bonded and not used as an electrode except by default.

I was surprised at the amount of corrosion on the connections. I like the idea of a potting compound. Looks like they need to pay someone to maintain the connections.

Besides a violation for not using stainless fasteners and UV rated wiring, I would at least have the casing tested and approved. :?