• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Certification Expiration

fireguy

Gold Member
I pulled the renewal papers for my ICC/NAFED Portabel Fire Extinguisher Technician a couple of weeks ago. Today, I reviewed the requirments to make sure I was meeting the CEUs and experience required. My wallet card says the expiration date is August 31, 2011, but the paper work I received with the card is dated November 20, 2009. And I am to make application 60 days prior to the expiration date which is 4 days away. I am way past the deadline. How do the certification time frames work for the rest of you? And is it common for the ICC to take 15 months from taking the test to sending the wallet card?

Keep the wallet card handy, so they don't make you pay an additional fee for renewal (it's all about the money; I haven't heard of them requiring retesting). Check the website.

I can only speak from the code certification side, not the trade side... they've done a better job than in the past with sending the wallet cards (and updating the website).