• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Certification for construction students

Inspector 102

Silver Member
The local building trades program is interested in having their students get some kind of certification through the class. In Indiana, I am not aware of any certification that would fit this type of goal. I know that ICC has the certification in the different modules they could try for, but does anyone have any other suggestions that I could pass on to the school. Thanks.

Well, how about National Building Contractor A, B or C? Or better yet, the Commercial or Residential Building Inspector or Plans Examiners certs?

: - :

Inspector 102,

Typically, the entity providing the class is usually endorsed by

someone........Maybe ICC, ...a local construction trades shop,

...possibly a local community college - vocational shop, and

other.....They will have a set of construction code books that

they use [ i.e. - ICC, UBC, others ]......Hopefully they have

used a current set of codes that can be applied right away.

I encountered this scenario last year, when a local community

college asked me for input......I directed them to be using the

ICC set of codes, latest edition......They had been using

something totally different [ non-ICC, non-UBC ]......Since

the community college was teaching the course, they were

the ones to endorse and provide wall certificates to the

students.

If you need a FREE example of a wall certificate, send me

a PM. :cool:

: - :

I passed the information for the High School training program over to the instructor. He seemed very interested and I will work with him to persue this farther for possibly next year implementation. Thanks for the advise.