• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

certification renewal

inspector19

I have 7 certifications to renew.

1 of which is a building official certification and 6 are inspector/plans examiner.

The way I'm understanding the renewal process now with icc is that I need 4.5 CEU's for my BO cert and 4.5 for my other certs which would total 9.0 CEU's required.

Am I understanding the renewal process right?

Re: certification renewal

And good luck with the new ICC renewal page - even though I have listed the 15 classes I've taken over the past 3 years, and 10 new certifications, with a total of 8+ CEU's. The page tells me I only have .25 CEU's, so therefore I don't have enough to renew.

Guess I'm going to have to make some phone calls and see if I can get it straightened out. :cry:

cc, I had the same problem with the website. Input you ceu hours as whole numbers. If you have 8 hours input as 8.0

MT nailed it.........screw the site, mail it in. And yes, 4.5 CEU's for the whole shooting match, once you get more than three certs, it's the only way (cheapest) to go.

and the Final Answer....... 4.5 was all i needed. Took me forever to finally get a hold of someone. Once i did they were very helpful and we got it straightened out quickly.

Thanks for all the replies back.

ALSO... renew them all at the same time... (even if the expiration date is different).. it's cheaper to do it that way... and easier to remember one date rather than 2 or 3.

I finally received all of my certification renewals [ 10 so far ] over the weekend. It only took 5 telephone calls,

plus the actual renewal application and my check. I've been working on this since early December. :eek:

I didn't do any phone calls.. printed the form, listed the certs I wanted renewed and my CEU's... it took about 1 week to get them back in the mail.

4.5 for all of them, so I'm good for a while... I need to get back into the testing mode shortly, though... fill in the blanks I'm missing... Just not very inspired to do it...

Well . . . . ICC laid-off more than 50% of the Membership/Certification Services staff last year. How's that workin' for ya?